Author Topic: Importing C# file with enum  (Read 398 times)

Andrew T Finnell

Importing C# file with enum
« on: March 18, 2002, 11:36:42 am »
    I see EA changing everyday and most of the time it is for the better. It is one of the few UML tools at the moment that support C# so it is of great interest to me. I am having trouble at the moment though.
  First when I started using the newest version I reverse engineered all my code. It added the Logical Diagrams but it did not save them as it added them. For instance if I rev-eng 10 packages it would show all the L.D. and when I went to click on one after R.E. it would be blank. But if I were to R.E. each package one at a time, after each successful R.E. I would need to move one of the classes then save the diagram for all the changes to be saved. It appears that the R.E. is not saving the L.D. when it R.E.'s.
 Second I attempted to add my newly R.E. classes to the L.D. (because it didnt save them. This was before I realized if I did them one at a time and then manually saved them it would work) and it crashed EA every time. I am assuming this has to do with the R.E. process and something getting out of sync.
 Third I have a C# source file with just an enum in it. EA says it R.E. it but doesn't add it to my L.D. nor does it add it as a class or component. I am thinking enum's are not R.E. and it thought of my source file as being blank.
  Despite these issues I still think EA has a potential as it has a clean, quick interface. And it kind of supports C# :)

Andrew T Finnell
Active Solutions LLC