Author Topic: Different names for header and code with C++  (Read 526 times)

ronnie

• EA User
    • View Profile
Different names for header and code with C++
« on: April 02, 2002, 12:47:27 pm »
I have a set of class libraries that I am trying to reverse engineer and they get compiled into a single library etc. etc. but my problem is I have more code files than headers and the names are not always exactly the same.

In some instances I have separated out each method into it's own file to improve the linking procedure (lots of linkers include the whole library if only 1 function is used from the library)

In other instances I have a load of simple container classes that are all held in 1 header, but have several different code files for each class (again the name is different).

In both instances I have the headers and code separated (to improve distribution where you might not need the cpp files, only .h's and .lib's) so the header and code is in different locations.

EA seems to assume that the .cpp file will be in the same location and with the same name as the .h file.

Is there anything that can be done?

I can see a scenario where you might specify a directory for cpp files and EA searches all cpp files in the directory to find the references it needs, but can also see a load of problems with the whole scenario!

I guess the best way around the whole thing is to have a project for the library (keeping all the files along the EA file naming guidelines) and model that seperately and then define all of my classes as language types.

Any suggestions?
Ronnie