Author Topic: [Feature Req] Attribute level of abstraction  (Read 815 times)

kiwi

• EA User
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
[Feature Req] Attribute level of abstraction
« on: May 07, 2002, 01:56:21 am »
Hi all!

I'm putting this feature request in the forums because I'd be interested to see whether others would find this useful...  and maybe actually it can already be done, I don't know.

It's one thing to be able to construct classes and with EA's multiple view mechanism construct an analysis view and a design view (with design classes added) and an implementation view (with implementation classes added) but isn't it common that the actual analysis classes themselves have extra attributes that are added during design and implementation?

Anyway I think this is the case and I would like to vote for a feature where:

a)you can mark an attribute as 'analysis/design/implementation'
b) you can then select in your diagram options to what level you want to show your attributes.

Of course code generation wouldn't change -- this would always be the implementation level.

Can you preserve this characteristic in round-trip engineering?
- VB.NEt and C# you can just add extra custom attributes marking the abstraction level if it's anything other than 'implementation'.
- in Java you could add an extra javadoc tag '@abstractionLevel' or something which describes what it is. I haven't looked at codeGen of java recently but I assume EA's already generating javadoc comments for other things.