Author Topic: convert EA to Visio?  (Read 2102 times)

Duc-bert

• EA User
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
convert EA to Visio?
« on: May 24, 2002, 09:46:39 am »
Hi,

My @#$% project requires us to design s/w using Visio ( Yuck! ). I try to convince them that EA is a better, inexpensive, true CAD tool but I lost the battle ( poor s/w engineer ). Since I already did lots of work in EA and don't want to redo in Visio, does anybody know a clean way to convert my work in EA to Visio?

Any recommendation is welcomed.
Thanks

:'(

sparks

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
Re: convert EA to Visio?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2002, 07:47:39 pm »
Hello,

Unfortunately I am not that familiar with Visio however I have heard that the latest version (2002 i think) supports import/export of XMI.  This would at least give you starting point.

Paul Mathers

AshleyEatly

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: convert EA to Visio?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2002, 02:50:19 am »
I also have same problem - I tried to convince the company I work with that they should use EA but currently they use Visio (and intend to use Rose for all projects in future).

I can't even try to show just how versatile EA is and that they can import using XMI as they are still using Visio 2000 (which does not have the add on capability) and  Rose 2000 which I am not sure supports the unisys add-on.

I was hoping that I could get them to use EA on all projects (budget wise it would be better too) and then if the company required Visio or Rose models then they could import from EA.

Fintan

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: convert EA to Rose? (was Visio)
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 04:43:16 am »
Hi,

Could anyone tell me how to import and export xml / xmi files to/from Rose Modeller edition?  I can export the diagram from EA, but Rose will only allow me to import a *.ptl file? :'(

Many thanks,

Fintan