Author Topic: Attribute tagged values in RTF  (Read 1206 times)

Tjerk

• EA User
    • View Profile
Attribute tagged values in RTF
« on: March 03, 2003, 08:05:07 am »
I've build a couple of XSD schemas in EA, but when I generate RTF documentation, I cannot exclude tagged values from the attribute Notes. This results for e.g. XSDElements with 8 lines of tagged value notes and values and 2 lines of attribute notes.

I really want this fixed fast, currently working on documentation that needs management approval. That documentation can really do without the implementation XSD details.

Greetings,
Tjerk

Tjerk

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Attribute tagged values & order in RTF
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 09:20:33 am »
Another issue on RTF generation; I really need the order of elements (within one package / paragraph) in the RTF to be the same as in the project explorer.

E.g. I drag a class in (meaning under, one level deeper in the tree) a component to make the project explorer easier to browse.

But the RTF documentation sometimes places the class definition in front of the component definition. This makes the descriptions in the document confusing.

Greetings,
Tjerk

sparks

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Attribute tagged values in RTF
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 02:43:23 am »
Hi Tjerk,

I have updated the current build of EA to allow excluding of "Feature Tagged Values" - meaning tagged values for Attributes and Operations. This option on the RTF report screen will be checked by default - but when cleared will result in no tagged value information being written to the RTF document for Attributes or Operations.

This will be in build 605.

I will look into the sorting problem - the current implementation in EA uses a custom sort ofr the tree - but relies on database sorting for the report. I will need to make some changes to get the two in synch.

Geoff Sparks