Author Topic: "Document Linked Elements" with new RTF  (Read 746 times)

hoopdad

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
"Document Linked Elements" with new RTF
« on: June 17, 2005, 08:33:30 am »
In EA 4.5 I was generating documentation using a feature called "Document Linked Elements." I am trying to find similar functionality in the new RTF generator.

My project is set up with classes in a package that allows them to be named properly (C# namespace) in generated code. Tables are also in a separate package, because they are shared across many diagrams This system has hundreds of tables and hundreds of classes that have been modeled in EA.

For each new development project, I create a new package and name it so it can be found by task. I then create a sub-"package" called "Class Diagram" and another called "Data Model" where I pull in the appropriate classes that the developer will want to see. This is for documentation purposes.

EA 4.5 allowed me to document all of these items by using the "Linked Elements" feature; that is, including elements in my documentation that are not in the package but referenced in the diagrams. Then I would have a document section called "Class Diagram" which displayed the diagram and then documented each class no matter what package it was in. Following that would be a separate section called "Data Model" which documents each table. This allows me to give a document to the developer that only contains the classes and tables pertinent to his task, which is a very useful filtering mechanism.

How can I do this in the new generator?
Thanks.

ea0804

Re: "Document Linked Elements" with new
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 04:50:22 am »
I would also like to use this feature...

My Diagram elements are split in different packages und if i cant use the document linked elements feature, i dont need the documentation function....

thomaskilian

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 01:19:16 am »
See here

ea0804

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 05:03:38 am »
thx Thomas

not the answer i exspected, but at least a status...  :P

ea0804

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 03:33:25 am »
ok,

im just playing with the reporting function to reproduce my old reports...

i'm not sure, but i think i found a similar feature for linked elements...

In template edition mode its possible to get all elements in the diagramm by checking the element box in the diagramm subtree. This gets all elements of the diagramm with their complete information (if wanted)...

by now this solves my reporting issues...

greetings

sobedi

« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 03:33:46 am by ea0804 »