Author Topic: Shapescript documentation  (Read 1303 times)

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Shapescript documentation
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:44:14 am »
I have an immediate need to tailor a profile, specifically with customized shapes for several classifiers and links.

Some time ago one of the Sparxians mentioned that the Shape Script documentation in the EA User Guide was not yet complete nor correct.

Now that we have 6.1 out, and the BPMN profile uses shape scripts, I was hoping to find more complete information. However, this section of the help files does not seem to have changed since the scripts were released.

I have a nagging suspicion that some time ago I saw a reference to some informal documentation on shape scripts - this could have been in this forum or at the EA User Group - but I cannot find the reference anywhere (if I'm not imagining the whole thing).

Anyone have a working pointer, or some hints?

Sparx folks: do you have anything I could look at while we wait for the help file to update itself.

David
No, you can't have it!

nexuswest

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
BPMN documentation
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 01:37:06 pm »
Can someone point to the BPMN docs for 6.1? I've tried searching help, but get a fatal error every time!

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Re: BPMN documentation
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 01:51:18 pm »
Can someone point to the BPMN docs for 6.1? I've tried searching help, but get a fatal error every time!

Within EA its "Add-Ins | BPMN Technology | Help".

The file resides at "C:\Program Files\Sparx Systems\MDG Link\BPMN\EA_BPMN.chm" (on my machine, yours may be different).

What exactly are you doing to get a fatal error?
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Shapescript documentation
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 01:56:12 pm »
Sparx folks: do you have anything I could look at while we wait for the help file to update itself.

Sorry about the delay in the help; I'll chase it up. Meanwhile, the BPMN shape scripts do most things you might want to do: Have a look at them and if you have any questions post them up here.
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

nexuswest

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: BPMN documentation - Help error
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 01:58:12 pm »
Error occurs when I run or exit help. I start help from the help menu item, go to index (it comes up empty), enter bpmn (For example) as my search term, GO, get a "nothing found" type of message. When I exit from help, I consistantly get an error dialogue - the MS error reporting dialogue - I submit an error each time. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any isolation protocols you want run.

Robert
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:59:15 pm by nexuswest »

nexuswest

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: BPMN documentation
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 02:02:21 pm »
I've split this part of the discussion from the error part.

My Add-Ins menu is empty, so I don't see BPMN Technology therein. I don't have MDG Link as a subdir - I'll pursue that further on the web site, as it looks like I don't have the parent module installed.

Let me know, please, if I'm headed along the wrong path.

Robert
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 02:03:18 pm by nexuswest »

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Re: Shapescript documentation
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 02:42:22 pm »
Robert, I had the same problem and the folks here on the forum got it in one.

Just reset your menu. From the main menu choose Tools/Customize and select the Menu tab. The reset button is right there.

Then import the BPMN (or whatever) MDG technology file as usual. [I think you are OK if you have already imported before you reset the menu, but I did it in this order.]

One note; the "New Diagram" context menu item will not appear until you click the "Load" bar at least once. This gets the add-in working for a particular project, and also creates the BPMN panels in the toolbox. If you do this by accident the "Unload" menu bar (which will now replace the "Load" bar) will clean things up nicely.

David
No, you can't have it!