Author Topic: Integrating issues for multiple models i.e. priva  (Read 950 times)

MattAdamson

• EA User
    • View Profile
Integrating issues for multiple models i.e. priva
« on: November 01, 2006, 05:33:44 am »
Unfortunately we’ve had some developers creating their own separate EAP models rather than using a database shared model. They’ve create new sequence diagram using elements reverse engineered into their private models.  

I know we can simply import the EAP file into the database model however how should we best go about changing diagrams such as sequence / class diagrams to replace the elements reference to use the structure in the main database model rather than their private model e.g. if our central model has a root package Assemblies which contains nested package for each .NET assembly and they have created a package say NetCode and under that say “Changes” I’m sure you get the idea.

Is there an easy way to do this without having to re create all the diagrams from scratch?

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re:  Integrating issues for multiple models i
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 01:43:19 pm »
The best thing that I can think of is to move all the diagrams created to a different package structure to isolate them from the actual classes they have modelled with.  Then export that package to XMI.

There's a bit of work here, but do a search-and-replace of the guid of the classes used in the individual model with the guids in the shared model.  You can find the guids by selecting the class and showing the project information in the Properties window.  The guid will be a modified form of that in the form EAID_XXXXXXX_XXXX_XXXX_XXXX_XXXXXXXX or EAPK_XXXXXXX_XXXX_XXXX_XXXX_XXXXXXXX.  There's quite a bit of work doing this, but if each person made enough sequence diagrams then it should be worth it.

Finally, import the resulting XMI into your model and move the diagrams into the required packages, checking that everything worked as you go.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com