Author Topic: broken link after export  (Read 418 times)

zzcat

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
broken link after export
« on: November 22, 2006, 03:36:31 pm »
Hello,

I'm back with another question... I need to reorganize our use cases  and put the sorted ones in a new package now.  So I export the use cases, in fact, the sub-packages, into the new package.  But there are some broken link.  most of the broken links are linking to actor, which are located in a seperate package as "actors".  I figured this happened because I sorted these sub packages and put them into different lever of dirtory trees under the new package.  How do I solve this problem though?  There are tons of use cases, I can't re-build the broken links on each one of them.  Any idea, please?  Anyone?  Many thanks!

darren.sampson

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: broken link after export
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 12:22:42 am »
This seems related to some older threads about XMI Import/Export

http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=suggestions;action=display;num=1160532884;start=0#0

There are some suggested workarounds in that thread.

This second one notes some other bugs we have observed:

http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general;action=display;num=1163383934;start=0#0

We don't have any use cases, so there may be more than we noticed.

Darren
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 12:26:56 am by darren.sampson »
See the new Jobs Section on:EA Wiki...

zzcat

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: broken link after export
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:30:05 am »
Thanks for your reply.  Seems there is not a good solution yet... Well, in my case, if I export package A, which link to package B, import it to another location in the same project and rename it as package C, Package C loses all the links to Package B.  I can copy use case diagrams in Package A with shallow mode and paste into Package C, without breaking any link, but that means I may have to copy and paste each use case diagram in package A, and there are tons of them.  Suggestion? Anyone?  Thanks!