Author Topic: MDG Link for DOORS  (Read 295 times)

_mike

• EA Novice
  • I'd rather be playing bluegrass
    • View Profile
MDG Link for DOORS
« on: December 11, 2007, 01:19:20 pm »
I'm investigating the use of the EA MDG Link for DOORS. Just what does the following statement mean; "This tight coupling enables users to import and synchronize DOORS modules with Enterprise Architect projects. If you are using DOORS for your requirements management, it is now possible to provide full traceability from requirements to all your project artifacts stored in Enterprise Architect."? Specifically, what is synchronization and traceability?  If requirements in DOORS are modified, can I "synchronize" these? Does that mean I can some how update the requirements in EA with the new ones in DOORS?  If I change requirements in EA, can I export these to DOORS and have them updated (with change history) in DOORS? ???

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Re: MDG Link for DOORS
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 03:17:30 pm »
If I change requirements in EA, can I export these to DOORS and have them updated (with change history) in DOORS? ???

As far as I know you cannot do this. The add-in is one way, from DOORS to EA. That was certainly true when the add-in was first released. I don't remember this changing.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Sparx was looking at two-way conversion in future. It has certainly be requested a lot.

Take a moment to read the release notes for the DOORS add-in. You'll find them in the Latest News section of the forum; the threads will clearly say that a new release of the DOORS add-in has been delivered. Once you've gone through them - there are not very many posts to read, since the DOORS product has gone through very few releases - you need only look for new postings in that thread.

David
No, you can't have it!