Author Topic: 7.1 Beta 2 Feedback  (Read 5581 times)

sparks

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
7.1 Beta 2 Feedback
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:45:42 am »
Following the Beta test release of EA 7.1.826, please post feedback to this thread.

Note: Bug reports for the EA Beta can also be directed to the Registered Users Beta Bug Report page.

Oliver F.

• EA User
  • Aren´t we all in the model business ?
    • View Profile
    • Karl Storz homepage
Re: 7.1 Beta 2 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 06:23:32 pm »
HTML report generation is still broken since 825.
Every report created produces syntax errors from the xml parser in IE and Firefox for js/data/root.xml

Oliver

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 01:10:23 am »
Hi Oliver,

Please send Sparx an example project if you can, along with the faulty output. We definitely want to get this corrected before production.

David
No, you can't have it!

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 08:17:59 am »
It works for me, so we'll need more information to fix it.  Preferably some model XMI that we can reproduce it with.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

Stevebo

• EA Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 12:14:19 pm »
I've noticed two "bugs."

1. I created a node and assigned attributes to it. I dragged the node to a deployment diagram and chose "Instance."  When attempting to uniquely name the instance, it used another instance of an unrelated node that was on the same diagram. When I changed the text in the name it changed the other unrelated node's name, but not the name of the instance whose name I was attempting to change. I noticed that an instance was created in the package where my deployment diagram resides. I double clicked it in the project browser view and changed the name there and it changed the name in the deployment diagram with no problem. This is different than past versions.

2. Don't know that this is a bug, but it is a hassle for versions previous to 7.1 that may be used. I created a note with text that I formatted using the new text format tool that shows up. In particular, I made some text bold. I also had some text that included quotes around it. When I opened the EAP file with the older version of EA, the bolded text is not bolded and contains formatting characters. The quote marks are also not there but the format commands are (html format commands). So problem is with previous versions reading text that is formatted with 7.1.

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 12:17:01 pm »
I think the second of these is related to a bug that Sparx has resolved for build 827. It was reported earlier this week.
No, you can't have it!

jeshaw2

• EA User
  • I'm a Singleton, what pattern are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 02:14:48 pm »
I received an Error Creating XML Parser during install of Beta 2 on Vista Home Basic.  Time remaining on the install was 0 minutes.  Also got an Error 1722 on the Installer package.

However, buried under all the windows related to the error condition, there was a window asking for my registration info.  Upon supplying that, EA came up and seemed to load a prior existing model OK.  So, I guess I get to play a bit. :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:48:52 pm by jeshaw2 »
Verbal Use Cases aren't worth the paper they are written upon.

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 10:57:52 pm »
Hi Jim,

Strange behavior though. I didn't see anything unusual, though mine did go through the 'must uninstall' phase before installing.

Did you update from 825, or did you install over 7.0?

David
No, you can't have it!

jeshaw2

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 05:02:11 am »
Neither.  I was doing an install on my shiney new Dell Vostro 1500 laptop.  It was the first app I installed on the just out of the box machine. So I guess my platform was pretty clean and pure.  :(

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 05:54:18 am »
Who knows Jim,

Apparently - at least according to what one of my colleagues was saying today - Dell has been having some performance problems with the new series, at least with Vista in the configuration. I don't think it had anything to do with this kind of thing though.

Still, perhaps you should give Dell a call. EA is common enough that they might have seen this before.

My (untested) assumption is that this same thing could easily happen with an earlier build (not one of the beta releases). The installation routine appears to be quite constant across many builds. If so, Dell might have a record.

David
No, you can't have it!

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 08:09:56 am »
I have heard of the error creating XML parser during installation.  I don't know the details, but you should be able to get information from an email to sparx support.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 08:29:02 am »
Thanks Simon,

Jim, please let us know whatever you learn - perhaps in a new thread, since this one might disappear by the time you have the answer.

I am looking at the possibility of a large group of installations, and it would help to be aware of any potential trouble spots.

David
No, you can't have it!

jeshaw2

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 08:08:57 am »
I'll do what I can, but I've moved on from the exact circumstances of the error.  I upgraded to Vista Business.  I down loaded the EA trial and tried that out.  The final install window did not close, but I did not the the parser error I got before.  This weekend, I'll uninstall the Trial version and try some things out.  I'll have another shot at the most recient Beta, then drop back to 818 if I have a problem.

jeshaw2

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 08:53:03 am »
Got to it sooner than I thought.  Couldn't stand the wait.  ;)
Beta 2 failed to install on Vista Business.  Got an Internal Error 2759 which led to an Fatal Error in the installer.

Removed that mess and installed EA 816 (didn't have 817 or 818 handy).  That installed just fine, no problems of any type on the install.  Of course the proof is in the using.

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 12:57:46 am »
This is strange indeed.

Sparx definitely needs to know about this.

David
No, you can't have it!