Author Topic: Possible to set how java packages..  (Read 440 times)

juwian

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Possible to set how java packages..
« on: July 08, 2008, 05:08:36 am »
Is it possible to set how (in terms of path) EA will render packages from a java model?

I have created a java model out from a domain model using mda transform and have a "product" package with some simple classes in it.

My question is how to generate code from these classes within the product package so that the classes are put in a directory like:

/$eclipse workspace/$project-name/com/$some-name/domain/{classes-here} ?

I manage to integrate with eclipse but as soon as I try to change the package statements in the java classes' code from something like "product" to something like
"com.hia.domain.product" then the EA plugin in eclipse starts creating new class-objects upon any changes made in the class in code (code-model are "synced")...

I've been trying for 12 hours non-stop and I just can't make EA integrate with a more elaborate package structure.

Is the only solution having java packages like /$eclipse-workspace/$project-name/product/{classes-here}?

Anyone, just a clue..

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re:  Possible to set how java packages..
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:01:49 am »
First, just try using the Import Source Directory functionality inside EA.  I know that the MDG merge functionality can be effected by namespaces, but don't know what effect this may have on what you've described.

Under your MDG linked package, do you have packages 'com', 'hia', 'domain' and product'?  If you have a package like 'com.hia.domain.product' then that could be causing your problem.

Other than that I can't think of anything at the moment.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com