Author Topic: Composite  (Read 428 times)

jsun

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Composite
« on: December 05, 2008, 03:12:26 am »
Making one diagram connect to one (and only one) element as composite is straightforward but I would to make two different elements composite and point to the same diagram.  I cant find a way to do this. Is it possible?

Or is there perhaps any other way to create some kind of link from a element (a Entity in this case)  to a diagram. When klicking the link the user should navigate to the diagram.

Tia
Jan Sundin

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
Re: Composite
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 09:24:27 am »
There is another thread about this somewhere. I can't find it with the Search, but it was within the last three months, I think.

You create your composite with child diagram, then create your other composite and in the Project Browser drag the diagram to the second composite, making it the top diagram in the list of child diagrams (if there are several). Both composite elements should then refer to the same child diagram.

Try to find and read the thread, because IIRC several people commented and provided useful information on the concept and process.

EDIT - Found it: http://www.sparxsystems.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1220489888/0#0
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 09:44:52 am by RoyC »
Best Regards, Roy