Author Topic: [SOLVED]Synchronization after add new class to...  (Read 573 times)

dsargrad

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED]Synchronization after add new class to...
« on: April 06, 2009, 11:33:37 pm »
I've added a new class to my code base. I thought that if I then resynchronized my model with the code base that this new class would show up in my model. It doesnt.

I then tried to add a new class (with the same name as the class in my code base) to my model and then synchronize just that class. This doesnt pick up the methods within the identically named class within my code base (unlike model elements that were initiated through the reverse engineering process).

How can I get the model to recognize these newly created classes within my code base?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 02:54:03 am by dsargrad »

dsargrad

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED]Synchronization after add new class to
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 02:55:22 am »
Ok. I think I solved this adequately. I am not sure that this is the right approach. My solution was to re-import the entire code tree. EA seems to recognize those elements of the model that already exist and simply to synchronize these. Non-existent elements are added to the model.

Is there a better way to do this than to reimport?

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED]Synchronization after add new class to
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 08:35:03 am »
That's the way to do it.  When you synchronize a package, it synchronizes each class in the package.  But can't tell if there is something new.  Source Directory import can also handle new or removed classes.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com