Author Topic: Is it possible to have state realize requirement?  (Read 944 times)

Paul Lotz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Is it possible to have state realize requirement?
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:24:22 am »
I am trying to incorporate requirements traceability in my model.  I can drag a requirement onto a class to create a realization link.  If I drag a requirement onto a state in a StateMachine Diagram that I think implements the requirement, EA does nothing.  Perhaps there is no way to link the state to a requirement?

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to have state realize requireme
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:04:24 am »
Paul

Where are you looking, and what do you expect to see? If you drag a Requirement out of the Project Browser onto a State element (or any other element) the diagram does not change. The Realize relationship is created in the State element Properties, and if you display the Links tab of the State element Properties dialog, you should see the relationship listed there. You could also drag the Requirement element onto the diagram (as a simple link, not as an instance), and see the relationship also appear.

The process works for me. If the checks do not show you the relationship, please send in a bug report for the support guys to analyze.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:06:51 am by RoyC »
Best Regards, Roy

Paul Lotz

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:23:25 am »
Thanks for the very quick reply!  Since it worked for you, I thought for a moment and realized I must have had the package hosting the statemachine diagram checked in.  I checked out the package and tried again.  The linking worked as expected--and quite well!

Thanks!

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 12:07:33 pm »
I'm glad it worked for you. I actually had to work through my security settings in order to get things flowing for me. You get a bump on the nose when you try to walk through a door that you forgot you locked.... :P
Best Regards, Roy