Author Topic: Connectors in Custom CTF  (Read 209 times)

Timbo

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Connectors in Custom CTF
« on: September 24, 2010, 01:40:38 am »
Hi,

What i want to do is retrieve the code generation from one class and insert it into the code generation of a linked class. I have a base class which i generate from and it has an asoociation to another class. It seems like i could possible do this by using the connectorxxxxxx variables however i cannot access them. I can access the linkedAttrbutes ok, linkedAttName etc. I feel there must be some rules about how to apply and where to call connectName etc from but i can't find anything in guide or forum. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards,
Tim

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Connectors in Custom CTF
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:14:01 am »
The connectorxxx variables are only available from the connector templates, not the linked attribute template.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

Timbo

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 04:09:17 pm »
I tried that also, i created a custom template of Connector type and used %connectorName% etc but it comes up empty...

Basically i need to know how i can access the generated code of a linked class in the first class?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:42:18 pm by tbro028 »

Timbo

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 06:22:25 pm »
alright figured it out, was doing it right but for some reason EA puts in double _ when naming a template. So i created connector template called connector__test, then call %list="Connector__test" @separator=" " @indent="" % from the class body. Make sure you use two _ after connector.