Author Topic: "Check Out" error using svn controlled p  (Read 531 times)

OllieRaymond

  • EA Novice
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
"Check Out" error using svn controlled p
« on: April 05, 2011, 12:11:21 pm »
I'm working on the network of a large organisation and recently had my PC rebuilt.  :( Now when I try to check out controlled packages from my remote subversion, I get an error message - "Ability to import is currently locked by user: 'PC-62493".  The username quoted in the error message is the local username for my PC when it is not connected to the network.  But I'm logged on using my network username (not "PC-62493") and EA won't let me check out any packages.  How do I change this so that EA will let me check out packages using my network username?  Is it a EA or a Subversion problem?

Thanks, Ollie
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:12:18 pm by OllieRaymond »

buddy robbins

  • EA Novice
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: "Check Out" error using svn controlled p
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 02:30:57 am »
We've got that problem a lot.
If you had the item checked out before your computer was rebuilt, you'll have a lock just hanging out in subversion.  Release the lock (the easiest way would be using tortoise to check out & steal lock, and then uncheck out).

If you don't have an outstanding lock (or after the uncheckout was done), do Package Control -> Re-sync Status with VC Provider.

You'll be happening.

OllieRaymond

  • EA Novice
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: "Check Out" error using svn controlled p
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 08:39:07 am »
This problem has now sorted itself out, but not before I had to throw away my EAP file and build another one from scratch.  My EAP file had convinced itself that there was a lock on all the subversion-controlled packages that I was using.  No amount of re-syncing with version control providers, or svn update, cleanup, lock breaking, or any other thing I tried in subversion or EA would convince the EAP file that I should be able to check them out.

My brand new EAP file, with all the version control settings set up from scratch and packages all re-imported, works perfectly.