Author Topic: EA 9 Beta  (Read 8367 times)

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: EA 9 Beta
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 01:50:50 pm »
By the way, there is a link to the EA 9 beta bug report form from the download page.  Although I've asked for it to be made more obvious.

For the beta version the best page to use is http://www.sparxsystems.com/registered/reg_bug_report_beta.html although sending through other forms will still get the appropriate response.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

tigershark

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 07:25:36 pm »
Is there any chance that the visual representation of internal transitions in state machine diagrams gets corrected for the final release of EA9? Currently there are no visual clues that allow to distinguish an internal transition from a self transition, which will result in a lot of misunderstanding if somebody just looks at the diagram.

Totally agree, this is a big deal in showing diagrams to other people, especially if they're used to other UML tools, that display internal transitions correct.

Su

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 09:25:21 pm »
Hi all

I've just tested the RTF reporting tool in the beta version and I have weird problem.
Some use cases are missing in the created RTF.

We use the master document/model document approach for the report generation. The project is stored as .eap file (using the jet database).
The used project was a productive .eap file  of version 8.0 Build 864.
  • All uses cases are shown in the project browser
  • It seems that the position in the project browser determines the uses cases that are not reported. Always the same positions are not reported.
  • I have changed the documentation option from order=tree order to order=name, this has no effect at all. The order in the RTF is still the tree order.
  • I have done an integrity check (and cleaned all occurred problems)
  • The HTML report contains all use cases – none is missing
  • I have checked if there are any filters in the documentation options (even if we never has used one) – no filter (neither in master nor in model document)
Any ideas for further investigation?? And has anybody else this problem or is it just me?

Su

Johnno

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 07:36:28 am »
The EA 9 Beta release notes mention "Support for the SysML 1.2 specification".   Can anyone elaborate or provide any insight as to what this support might actually entail?  (I.E. What has changed since EA version 8's former support of the SysML 1.1 standard?)

Thanks,
--Johnno

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: EA 9 Beta: Autosize columns
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 07:51:49 am »
The beta release notes mention
"Don't honor the Auto size for table columns when importing from a word document"

Shouldn't this be the other way around; EA should support autosize for table columns?!
Orthogonality rules
Using EA12.1 (1229) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2014 R2 & Access2003/JET4.0

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 09:35:20 am »
Johnno, I don't know the answers.  But you can probably find the differences between sysml 1.1 and sysml 1.2, but it would mostly be a matter of checking the spec.  (I know, not an easy task)

Regarding the auto-size of columns, I believe the library we use for documents has never supported it.  The change it to make sure it doesn't do anything bad when they are found.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:35:56 am by simonm »
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 02:03:31 pm »
Regarding the auto-size of columns, I believe the library we use for documents has never supported it.  The change is to make sure it doesn't do anything bad when they are found.
This has been the subject of a feature request,
hence my comment.
Orthogonality rules
Using EA12.1 (1229) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2014 R2 & Access2003/JET4.0

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: EA 9 Beta:table paste into notes field.
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 09:32:24 am »
Tables in notes were not supported in V8, and I don't think they are in V9, so what you are seeing is the same behavior as seen in V8.

I'm asking for the html to be stripped from the pasted text.
Orthogonality rules

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: EA 9 Beta: Spell checker doesn't do unicode
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 09:35:02 am »
Note also that while the spell check dialogue does now allow unicode characters to be entered it strips the unicode values when replacing with them.

[edit][timestamp=1300141339]/me registered bug registered[/edit]

Still not fixed in 9 RC

In fact the dialogue box can't event display unicode. Help
(word should display as wh[ch257]nau)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:38:18 am by skiwi »
Orthogonality rules

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: EA 9 Beta: Spell checker doesn't do unicode
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 10:00:30 am »
[size=18]...[/size]
Still not fixed in 9 RC
[size=18]...[/size]
That's Beta 3, yes?  Not some other release since?

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 10:15:28 am »
Its confusing

Enterprise Architect 9 beta

Prerelease build 903.9

Warning: This is a BETA release. As such these notes may be incomplete and are subject to change without notice.
21/04/2011
On page http://www.sparxsystems.com/products/ea/beta-patch.html
Orthogonality rules

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 10:45:56 am »
That's the one...

The Help|About says: 9.0.903 build(903)

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

EeJay

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 10:04:35 pm »
I am very confused by this whole thread. I have posted many bug reports and enhancement suggestions using the online links for such things. It doesn't take effort to follow the correct process. So far all I see in this thread is useless spam.

I will however say to Sparx, unlike when I log a bug on Talend's website I have no way of keeping track of bugs or suggestions to know that anyone actually is taking it seriously or that an feature request will be included in a future patch etc. Unless of course I am missing something, it would be nice to have access to something like Mantis for tracking bugs/features and also would allow people to see what is already logged and not duplicate.   :-?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 10:41:11 pm »
Eejay,
I do the very same (using another site for bug tracking). I had a couple of threads regarding bug tracking. No one seems to be interested. Only a minority of the users, none of the Sparxians. They seem to have an internal tracker (hence the reference numbers you get). But they will not give any insight. I gave up any hope...

q.

EeJay

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 11:02:02 pm »
Bah humbug. It's a pity because it does make you feel like you are of some value for all the $$$ you forked for EA. (yip, my company wouldn't buy a license so I had to pay out of my own pocket, sad indeed. but I'll get over it)
  :'(