Author Topic: EA 9 Beta  (Read 8368 times)

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: EA 9 Beta
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 07:02:07 am »
I have posted many bug reports and enhancement suggestions using the online links for such things. It doesn't take effort to follow the correct process. So far all I see in this thread is useless spam.

Actually, IMHO, this thread is far from useless spam.

It communicates issues with the product to other users, thus saving them reinvestigating (or re-reporting) the wheel.
It allows other user the opportunity to comment on issues, either expanding on the knowledge, providing a work around, or explaining the issue.
It informs other users about what bugs have been reported (apropos your comment about visibility into the Sparx problem tracker ([1] [2] [3])) and sometimes even what the response was.

You are correct that it doesn't take much effort to use the links to report issues.
It does take effort and time to report in a useful way that allows the issue to be recreated (don't get me started on the lack of "phone home" functionality), and to contribute to the forum.

I always reference these forums when reporting bugs or requesting features, because the discussion may inform Sparx, even after the request has been made.

PS Compliments on your contributions to the forums
PPS Posting to the forum is insufficient, issues and feature requests must be reported using the support links below
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:14:50 am by skiwi »
Orthogonality rules
Using EA12.1 (1229) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2014 R2 & Access2003/JET4.0

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 04:53:28 pm »
(yip, my company wouldn't buy a license so I had to pay out of my own pocket, sad indeed. but I'll get over it)
  :'(

Maybe an indication its time to update your CV, if your company is that cheap...

Geert

PS. Lucky you didn't have to by any Rational product out of your pocket :o

EeJay

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 05:53:02 pm »
Cheap they are but my master plan is to show them how fantastically brilliant this product is and how we can benefit from it so that they upgrade to enterprise license.

Our developers have dev boxes that are more powerful than the production servers but the analysts can't get a license for a critical piece of software. sigh, we are so under appreciated.   :-[

EeJay

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 05:56:02 pm »
er thanks skiwi, but I think Sparx have blocked me from submitting suggestions and bugs because I use those links so often.

So don't worry, our goal is the same, to get the product to do what it should do for the people that are doing things with it in the best, most accurate and fastest way possible.   ;)

Thelonius

• EA User
  • I think. Therefore I get paid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 06:20:11 pm »
...but I think Sparx have blocked me from submitting suggestions and bugs because I use those links so often.

Wow. If that's true... ::)

EeJay

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 07:59:51 pm »
Lol no (as far as I know)   :P

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: EA 9 Beta Unicode "Search STring Parameters"
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2011, 02:42:28 pm »
There is a find for Notes which is great, but It also doesn't know about unicode (906)
Orthogonality rules
Using EA12.1 (1229) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2014 R2 & Access2003/JET4.0