Author Topic: Languages supported?  (Read 302 times)

toefje

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Languages supported?
« on: August 14, 2011, 05:41:44 pm »
Hi,

Hope I don't ask a stupid question:
I tried to search the Sparx website to find out which languages are supported (Dutch in particular) and which of the items (like status etc.) can be adapted to Dutch.
Where can I find it in the manual?

Greetings

Toefje

Dermot

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Languages supported?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 09:57:45 am »
Dutch is supported for spelling dictionaries see:
http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/9.0/projects_and_teams/check_in_languages_other_than_.html
Status can be user defined using: Settings | Project Types General Types.

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:35:02 am »
You can buy Enterprise Architect in four language versions: Japanese, German, Spanish and English. These give you user-interface text (menus, dialogs, messages) in the appropriate language.

You can type in any user-entered text in whatever languages your keyboard supports. However, if your language uses special characters (as Polish, Chinese and Arabic do) then you must use a DBMS repository or set JET 4.0 as the db engine.

Apart from built-in spellcheck dictionaries for English in the US, British and Canadian flavours, EA has a downloadable file that provides spellcheck dictionaries for the Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, French and German languages. This information is on the registered users website, but I have just added it to the 'Use Languages Other Than English' page in the Help topics on the Spellchecker.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:36:06 am by RoyC »
Best Regards, Roy

toefje

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 05:51:41 pm »
 :)

Thanks! This was what I was looking for.

Greetings

horaizon1

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 09:41:09 pm »
You can buy Enterprise Architect in four language versions: Japanese, German, Spanish and English. These give you user-interface text (menus, dialogs, messages) in the appropriate language.

You can type in any user-entered text in whatever languages your keyboard supports. However, if your language uses special characters (as Polish, Chinese and Arabic do) then you must use a DBMS repository or set JET 4.0 as the db engine.

Apart from built-in spellcheck dictionaries for English in the US, British and Canadian flavours, EA has a downloadable file that provides spellcheck dictionaries for the Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, French and German languages. This information is on the registered users website, but I have just added it to the 'Use Languages Other Than English' page in the Help topics on the Spellchecker.
woww great thank for guide ;)

pridek

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 12:39:46 am »
Thank you for sharing something new to learn.