Author Topic: _subtypeProperty - does anyone have an example?  (Read 745 times)

volenin

• EA User
    • View Profile
_subtypeProperty - does anyone have an example?
« on: December 21, 2012, 09:39:57 am »
Hi. I"m trying to use a _subtypeProperty feature to display a submenu in my custom profile. Trying to follow the doc on sparx website (http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/9.3/standard_uml_models/supportedattributes_2.html), but it doesn't work for some reason.

Does anyone have a working example? What 'type' the _subtypeProperty should be defined as? The fully qualified tag name should be set as 'initial value', correct? Tried different combinations, still to no avail...

Vlad

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Re: _subtypeProperty - does anyone have an example
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 10:04:39 am »
For a working example, try EA's BPMN technologies. If you open "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\EA\MDGTechnologies\BPMN 1.1 Technology.xml" in a text editor (it may be in a different location on your machine) and go to line 45 or thereabouts, you will see that for BPMN 1.1 activity elements its Initial Value is set to "BPMN1.1::Activity::TaskType" - that is Profile::Stereotype::TagName. Go down a few lines in the file and you will see that "TaskType" is an enumeration with a list of values.

HTH
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

volenin

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: _subtypeProperty - does anyone have an example
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 04:39:30 pm »
Thanks. Just made it work. My bad - _subtypeProperty must be set on the <metaclass>, not <stereotype> element. Works like a charm.