Author Topic: EA v14 beta - The new Features window is awkward!  (Read 455 times)

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
EA v14 beta - The new Features window is awkward!
« on: March 08, 2018, 06:32:29 pm »
I was just trying to create some operations, but the old popup dialog to edit operations and attributes has been replaced by a docked window called "Features".
Problem is that you can only edit part of the operation here (only list view part of the old dialog is here) the other properties you have to edit in the docked properties window.

Aside from the fact that you now don't have an explicit save anymore (as you had with the modal dialog) it is really awkward to have to use two different docked windows to achieve a single thing.

I hope there's a way to revert back to the old style (or at least make editing operations less awkward)

Geert

ChrisMW

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: EA v14 beta - The new Features window is awkward!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 11:50:18 pm »
Hmm, I didn't notice it until build 1420. But editing attributes is likewise clumsy. Where I had one screen, which was easy to tab around, I now have 2 windows, one window 2 tabs, to enter the same. It is more than clunky. I hope there is a way to also reinstate the older screen, pity I forgot to keep 1419, as I can't download it anymore....

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:09:38 am »
You can download previous versions of EA. It just needs a bit of search. Hide and seek not only in menus...

q.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:56:43 am »
You can download previous versions of EA. It just needs a bit of search. Hide and seek not only in menus...

q.

Previous releases yes, but I don't think you can download previous builds of the same release.

Geert