Author Topic: Experiences with Update Style in RTF Templates  (Read 5691 times)

Graham_Moir

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Experiences with Update Style in RTF Templates
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 07:14:47 pm »
Yes, thanks,  but why can't Sparx actually fix this properly and make the process much more usable.  As I mentioned in an earlier message, the frustration and TIMEWASTING associated with this is enormous.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 07:35:11 pm »
There's a recent thread where another issue is reported which I filed as bug some 2 years ago. Why hasn't this been fixed? Guess.

q.

Graham_Moir

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 09:35:10 pm »
Yes, I know qwerty, there are lots of bugs that have been lying around for quite some time, I have some logged myself from years ago and have no idea what the status of them is.  

I suppose building new functionality seems always to take priority as opposed to fixing problems.  

Perhaps Sparx needs a "user pain indicator" to help them with prioritization of bugs so that we at least get some of the bigger issues fixed.  This is where I was coming from,  I would suggest that this numbering thing is an issue everyone comes up against if they're using anything other than very simple rtf reporting, and it registers very very high on the user pain index.    

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 10:14:50 pm »
My impression is that they wear some kind of "Sparx Glass" letting them see only what they think is important. In seldom cases your issues come into focus. But mainly it enlarges the view to new features. I stopped reporting bugs since it takes effort and does not achieve anything.

q.