Author Topic: Lost Diagram Type  (Read 518 times)

TJ Hosking

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Lost Diagram Type
« on: September 20, 2013, 10:33:33 am »
Hi,

I'm new to Sparx. I seem to have lost a diagram type. I wanted to create an Entity Relationship Diagram, which was there when I first installed, but now when I go to create a new diagram, Entity Relationship Diagram isn't in the list. Any ideas about how I got rid of it?

Thanks,
Tim
Tim Hosking
Associate Partner
Information Professionals

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Diagram Type
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:00:51 pm »
You might have to provide more information. Are you the only person using EA where you work?

First check - select Settings | MDG Technologies and see if the Enabled checkbox is ticked against Entity Relationship Diagram. If not, select it.

What exactly is missing? Can you create a diagram of any other type? Is it the Entity Relationship Diagram from the Type list, or the Entity Relationship from the Diagram Type list?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:01:38 pm by RoyC »
Best Regards, Roy

TJ Hosking

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:07:11 pm »
Thanks Roy,

I am the only one using EA - just on my laptop. I tried looking under Settings | MDG Technologies, but it doesn't appear in the list of available diagram types. That was what I was trying to say. When I click on the menu Project | New Diagram the list of available diagram types does not include an entry for Entity Relationship Diagram.  :o

Have I disabled it somehow? Thanks for helping.

Tim
Tim Hosking
Associate Partner

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 12:27:35 pm »
Which edition of EA do you have? The ERD technology is only available in Corporate and above.
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

TJ Hosking

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 12:33:04 pm »
Thanks so much. I am just using the 30 day trial - working out what we should get. I've been using Rational System Architect for some time, but want to start using EA. Thanks so much. I knew I had seen ERDs somewhere. The trial allows you to flick between different editions.

Thanks again.
Tim
Tim Hosking
Associate Partner