Author Topic: Template Fragment - Did I miss something?  (Read 415 times)

A. Engle

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Template Fragment - Did I miss something?
« on: July 02, 2014, 07:15:48 am »
All of the online help, and even the help from within v11 says (when creating a template fragment) to check the box "Mark as template fragment".  But I have no such box.  I've followed the instructions to the letter...I have no checkbox in v11.

so, I click on the fragments folder, click new, and it says document type is a fragment.   Fine.  I create a document.  But I cannot add a custom query to this document, it says "Custom queries are only available in template fragments".   :o

I've used EA since v7.x.  So please, tell me, what am I doing wrong, and where can I find CURRENT v11 INSTRUCTIONS?   >:(

thanks in advance...  

A. Engle
TOGAF 9.1

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Template Fragment - Did I miss something?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 11:05:36 am »
Current help on the web is still for version 10. It's possible that somewhere was missed when the change was made. I just checked the help for the dialog itself and it accurately describes the dialog.

If you want to let me know where to find the instructions you're looking at I'll see that they get updated.

The dialog for creating a template now has a drop down list named Template Type. That allows you to select from the 5 different types of template used by the generator.

Alternatively, the Resources window now provides a package for each type. Right clicking on each of those will set the appropriate value.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

A. Engle

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Template Fragment - Did I miss something?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:35:44 pm »
Thanks Simon!  As mentioned above, I selected "Fragment" from the type dropdown, but I still cannot add a custom query to my 'fragment' (see original post).

BTW, select Help in v11.x and search on Fragment.  You get the same "help" as online.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:37:54 pm by aengle »

A. Engle
TOGAF 9.1