Author Topic: Can't re-connect keystore manager to keystore  (Read 1154 times)

andykennelly

• EA User
    • View Profile
Can't re-connect keystore manager to keystore
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:00:37 am »
My Keystore Manager has for a long time been linked to a drive thus enabling me to monitor our use of floating licenses. Recently, the sskeys.data file on that drive has been emptied (and possibly the file corrupted) - I've no idea how this happened, but it certainly wasn't through use of Keystore Manager.
I'm trying to re-connect to that drive using 'File/Link to' in Keystore Manager so that I can re-populate the sskeys.dat. However, even though I can browse to, and select, sskeys.dat, when I OK in the 'Shared keystore selection' box I get "Could not link to keystore - error:unspecified error" (I'm assuming this is because the file is corrupt).

(I think I've seen a post on this before, but can't find anything when I search.The trouble shooting guide on the Sparx site doesn't give any direction.

Any ideas?

Stefan Bolleininger

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Can't re-connect keystore manager to keystore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:05:37 am »
Kill the file and create a new one
Enterprise Architect in "safetycritical development" like medical device industry. My free Add-in at my Website

andykennelly

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:55:56 am »
Thanks, Stefan. My users can now retrieve floating licenses. Something strange is happening, though.
As soon as the user selects a floating license they get a message 'Not enough storage space on disk'. This doesn't effect them - they can carry on and use Sparx (and Help\Register and Manage License key(s)' shows that they do, indeed, have a floating license).
However, as administrator I see the Keystore Manager app simply close down and, when I re-open it, the floating license isn't shown as allocated (although the user is still using one within their instance of Sparx).
This may be related to storage space on our network, of course - is it anything you're aware of, though,  as a Sparx/keystore issue?

AndyJ

• EA User
  • It's only a model
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 04:09:05 pm »
It may be that your users don't have permission to modify the contents of the directory that contains the keystore file.

(Or the file itself).

Andy
Sun Tzu: "If you sit by the river long enough, eventually the body of MS Visio floats past."

Infyrana

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 06:12:44 pm »
Hi there.

We're having this very problem (file empty) every now and then, around twice a year. The sskeys.dat is suddenly empty.
As we have experienced this so many times, we now have several copies of the original file and just replace the empty one with the working copy. That works every time.

We think, that this problem might occur, when a user's EA is crashing while it tries to access/write to the file, but we aren't sure. Anyway, it's our best guess, and having a copy of the working file is the best solution we could come up with so far.

Edit: we're using the Corporate Edition, and I guess we normally have around 50 users at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:14:29 pm by Infyrana »

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 08:40:24 am »
Errors with an empty file were why we developed the server application. Where possible I would recommend using this method as it ensures integrity of the key file.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com