Author Topic: EA v12 (BETA) feedback  (Read 11896 times)

Aaron B

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
Re: EA v12 (BETA) feedback
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 12:04:07 pm »
Enterprise Document handler

kudos to Sparx for this unexpected little surprise I found in my context menu.
Glad that you're finding it useful.  For more info about this new feature, see:
http://www.sparxsystems.com/products/ea/12/index.html#defaultdocumenthandler
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:06:03 pm by AaronB »

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2015, 06:38:24 pm »
Hi,

I noticed that the list of a class attributes or methods no longer provide the green arrow buttons to move them up or down (manual sorting order).
I found the way to achieve this via a right click or a keyboard shortcut (e.g. Ctrl + or -) however I wonder if most users will have issues in finding this feature,  or even think it doesn't exist.

Guillaume
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com | Automated tests for scripts & addins: www.eatests.com

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2015, 08:49:46 pm »
Admittedly I do not really use V12, but I was curious about the attributes. So I opened the dialog and was not able to enter any attribute at all. At least it was everything but intuitive. There is no button nor is the cursor positioned on a field where you are supposed to enter a name. Instead you have to go through the context menu. Maybe once you get used to Ctrl-N it will be ok, but the only party that will be really happy are trainers :P

Ah - and the missing sorting function: the very same. Where is it? Then: I have Parallels and Ctrl-Cursor on my Mac is already used for something else. Means: I got no chance to move. Would Ctrl-Cursor work in the browser too? I guess not. It still has the green arrows. EAUI :-X

q.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:53:38 pm by qwerty »

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2015, 09:54:04 am »
Admittedly I do not really use V12, but I was curious about the attributes. So I opened the dialog and was not able to enter any attribute at all. At least it was everything but intuitive. There is no button nor is the cursor positioned on a field where you are supposed to enter a name. Instead you have to go through the context menu.
This has been improved since RC2 went out so you will see it in the next release. Just click in a "New Attribute..." field and start typing to create a new attribute. It works in a very similar way to how the Scenarios tab always has.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:54:48 am by KP »
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2015, 10:07:11 am »
Hmm. That did not work. I installed the RC2 opened the class attributes but there was no "New Attribute" but just the same as before. I had to enter Ctrl-N. I'd certainly get used to it (I prefer keyboard anyway over mouse) but - see my previous post.

Another thing: I had a repository open in an older EA version running. The installer asked that it "needed to change the EAP file". Now, I guess it meant that it can't close the other application rather than really changing the contents of the EAP. Or is there some real new magic in some tables to be modified so one can't go back? Please shed light on this. Thanks!

q.

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2015, 10:09:35 am »
Hmm. That did not work. I installed the RC2 opened the class attributes but there was no "New Attribute" but just the same as before.
Sorry, I wasn't clear: This has been improved since RC2 went out so you will see it in the next release.
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2015, 10:33:47 am »
Ah, lol - but can you answer my question about the EAP change during install?

q.

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2015, 10:52:57 am »
The only models the installer is updating are EABase and EAExample. Without seeing the message, I expect that it was just wanting you to close EA.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2015, 11:17:30 am »
When the installer says "Some files that need to be updated are currently in use", I'm pretty sure it is referring to EA.exe
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2015, 08:49:09 pm »
Ah thanks. It was that message. Might lead to some sort of misunderstanding  ;)

q.

arnwik

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2015, 09:02:49 am »
Tested the RC12 B1206 today. The features/properties -> Operations (and Attributes) dialog should respond to the KEY DOWN in a drop down dialog (e.g. Proerties->Type drop down). I want to see the drop down options.

Also, the TAB functionality should include the Attribute/Operations and Close/Help button.  It does that partly in the first iteration then it never goes back to the same cycle again. P.S. The changing of TAB focus changes should be visible to the user. When pressing TAB you hope it has changed focus but there are no way to tell until you have pressed something else - KEY DOWN or something.

Changing from Attributes to Operations the focus moves from the Operations to the Method dialog and the TAB functionality is lost.

There seems to be alot of cleanup needed in the Attributes/Features dialog before it is user (and keyboard) friendly.

Arnwik

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2015, 06:47:35 pm »
I tested the Wireframing support. When exporting a diagram to an image (Ctrl-C in the diagram, Ctrl-V e.g. in Word), not all elements are copied in the image e.g. I cannot see the Title element nor the Status.

Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com | Automated tests for scripts & addins: www.eatests.com