Author Topic: Package control: Check-in:Missing cross references  (Read 717 times)

Michel Denys

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Package control: Check-in:Missing cross references
« on: May 13, 2015, 07:49:49 pm »
I am using Subversion with private copies of the XMI packages.

If I delete links in my diagrams (in EA), I get a warning message when I check-in the branch: "Missing cross references" Do you want to restore?  (see complete message below)

What should I do here? My instinct is to say that I want to export to the central Subversion repository what I currently have in the model so if there is a connector missing, I must have removed it on purpose, hence don't restore it (them) to the XMI. :-?

Complete warning message:
Last revision of this controlled package contains the following cross package references, which are missing from the XMI file you are currently exporting. Select the items you want to restore to XMI. By default, all the links are selected!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:32:20 pm by MichelD »

Evgeny Florov

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Package control: Check-in:Missing cross refere
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 01:06:12 pm »
It is very interesting question. I would also like to see the answer of the knowing skilled person. :) But as so far answers aren't present, I offer our experience.

In our team approach at which in this situation we certainly refuse restoration of elements/communications settled. Practice showed that in practice restoration (especially elements on charts) simply returns all elements/communication cleaned from charts. It is such safety check - and suddenly you cleaned something superfluous. However there is no effective mechanism to deal with it.
Therefore when I see that I am offered to reestablish 136 communication, heart of course worries, but the hand firmly removes ticks in this dialog box - "be that will be!" :)