Author Topic: Lifeline note links to activation line  (Read 1265 times)

damo1978

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Lifeline note links to activation line
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:35:34 am »
Can anybody advise if there is a way in EA to extend the length of a note's link/relationship to the lifeline's activation line?  The note link seems to stop at the outer edge of the lifeline, as if there is an invisible edge of the same size as the object at the top of the lifeline.

There are random times, which I find very hard to replicate, where the note links all the way to the centre of the lifeline.  I want this to be the default action.

Thanks

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Lifeline note links to activation line
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:00:48 am »
Which EA version? Tried with V12 and it works well.

q.

damo1978

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 07:06:50 am »
v12 1215 build - the newest because I thought I had some bugs causing these issues.  The lines seem to stop at an invisible edge that aligns to the size of the object at the top, i.e. the links from the notes do not touch the centre of the lifeline.

In fairness, I don't remember them ever linking to the centre.  And I've typically not needed this to happen when using it for 'proper' work.  Just my OU tutors are being pedantic about silly things.  School at my age.... dear oh dear.

I've provided an example image below to make this clear.  The note link connects to the outer edge, not the inside lifeline.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 07:55:29 am by damo1978 »

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:03:58 am »
Ah. It has been this way ever since, hasn't it?

q.

P.S. Tried with 9.3. As I said.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:05:30 am by qwerty »

damo1978

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:12:28 am »
It probably always has been this way.  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something so I can go back to the pedantic tutors to say as such.

Notes are notes.  They have no real bearing on UML so I'm less concerned with this problem.  I've never come across this as an issue in my entire working life.