Author Topic: Auto populate child diagram of composite activity  (Read 1211 times)

SilverSage

• EA User
    • View Profile
Auto populate child diagram of composite activity
« on: June 12, 2015, 02:44:34 am »
I've worked with other tools, albeit using different methodologies, that will auto-populate within a decomposed process (akin to a composite activity) its child diagram with the elements connected to its parent process.  Are there any plans to implement this functionality w/in EA?  It sure would help with diagram development.

Thanks.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Auto populate child diagram of composite activ
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 05:05:59 am »
Our old-timer Paolo once wrote an add-in that supported exactly this. I guess he laid this aside the past years where he has not been active but maybe he'll read this post and react.

q.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 03:14:21 pm »
Our old-timer Paolo once wrote an add-in that supported exactly this. I guess he laid this aside the past years where he has not been active but maybe he'll read this post and react.

q.
If you search for "Neighborhood diagram", posted by me (all posts - since they're several years old) you'll see some discussion on Neighborhood diagrams.  If it meets your need, PM me and we can discuss a trial licence.

It works on all versions from 9-12.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

SilverSage

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 01:44:45 am »
Thanks, Paolo.  I'll read through the threads I found to see what's what and get back to you with some questions; I almost always have questions.

Michael Preiss