Author Topic: EA 12.1 Diagram Template Question(s)  (Read 795 times)

SilverSage

• EA User
    • View Profile
EA 12.1 Diagram Template Question(s)
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:11:29 am »
I've created a simple template diagram that contains three (3) BPMN 2.0 elements - Activity, DataStore, DataObject - and one EA problem child (BusinessProcess - the element with the chain link in the bottom-right corner of its icon) - each customized with some variation of size and/or color. I then told EA about its existence via Project->Settings->Project Template Package.

When I use the toolbox to create new activities, data stores and data objects, they render as I want and anticipate. My EA problem child, the BusinessProcess, renders with the default color, the pale whatever-it-is color. Is this an oversight that occurred during EA development or does the BusinessProcess element render using different rules and require me to do something differently to make it render the color I want when I add one to a diagram?

Also, if I drag an existing element created with the customizations from my template diagram from the project browser to another diagram, EA renders that element using that element's default properties. Why is that? If I have a template diagram defined and the element I use exists in my template diagram, it makes sense to me that I want the element properties (color, size, text, font, etc.) I defined in my template diagram to apply to each instance of that element type I place on a diagram, regardless of whether I use the toolbox or drag an existing element from my project browswer to a diagram.

Any chance this behavior will change?

Thanks for any and all responses, except for those that don't meet my expectations or disagree with my sensibilities.   ;)

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Re: EA 12.1 Diagram Template Question(s)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 09:02:16 am »
My EA problem child, the BusinessProcess, renders with the default color, the pale whatever-it-is color.
Does the same for me. Please send in a bug report.

Also, if I drag an existing element created with the customizations from my template diagram from the project browser to another diagram, EA renders that element using that element's default properties.
ISTR this was fixed quite recently. Works for me, build 1225. What version are you using?
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

SilverSage

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 10:26:59 am »
I'm using build 1224. Thank you for letting me know. I guess it's time to upgrade once again. ;)  BTW. is there a changelog anywhere I can view?

Thanks.

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 04:04:22 pm »
BTW. is there a changelog anywhere I can view?

Once you have installed a new version, the change log is at Help>Read Me from the main menu. For a web version, go to http://sparxsystems.com/products/ea/history.html
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com