Author Topic: System of Systems model example  (Read 945 times)

aguevara

• EA User
    • View Profile
System of Systems model example
« on: February 12, 2016, 03:39:32 am »
All,
I am designing a System that utilizes other Systems in order to then offer a single solution; this is a system of systems (SoS) solution.

As such, I am looking for examples of models showing an SoS solution. Especially around BDDs and IBDs although I am also including requirements, use cases, and activity diagrams.

Thanks.
Anye
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:01:24 pm by aguevara »

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: System of Systems model example
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 07:33:33 am »
Every now and then people show up here looking for example models. Start thinking yourself. If there is such a model of value, it certainly contains confidential domain knowledge. So you canÄt have it (for free). If there is such a model with "general" domain data then it's either rather worthless or (as result of the effort to make it a teaching model) not for free.

q.

aguevara

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 10:04:17 pm »
You have made the wrong assumptions when you state that I am looking for something for free or have not thought about it.

Models, as most other engineering artifacts, have been worked, thought about, etc. I am just looking to see what others have done, lessons learned, and "not re-invent" the wheel.

I would kindly ask that you do not respond to my post.

Thanks.
Anye
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:07:27 pm by aguevara »

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 10:45:26 pm »
Well, I referred to "examples of models" which seems to be a central point of your question. Now if you want to "see what others have done" it's probably not much different to your first wish.

q.

Glassboy

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 07:38:31 am »
I disagree qwerty, I think the problem is that there is not a place to share models and there are far too many people thinking they can some how monetize examples rather than sharing.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 08:35:37 am »
I haven't even seen many models for sale (only one and it has not been advertised here many times). This is not the first one asking for a model to share. ICR anyone offering anything. One should go with the example model in EA. It has pretty much examples. The model that came with the ICONIX tutorial once got me going. It's not that this is a very detailed one. But it really got me going and it was worth the money spent.

q.