Author Topic: class diagram - disjoint  (Read 1999 times)

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
class diagram - disjoint
« on: March 03, 2016, 08:05:13 am »
Is there an option on any of the standard class diagram connectors that creates the equivalent of an RDF disjoint?

Helmut Ortmann

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: class diagram - disjoint
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 05:10:05 pm »
Hi,

in UML you can always extend something (eg. association) with a stereotype. It is then something like a new type. In your case you might define a stereotype <<rdfDisjoint>> or so.

May be there is a standard RDF stereotype for this purpose. If so: Use it.

Stereotypes could be defined in UML profiles, just type them,.. and distributed them by MDG.

There is a e-book from Thomas Kilian about MDG. You find also a lot in the online help about stereotype, MDG,..

Regard,

Helmut
Coaching, Training, Workshop (Addins: hoTools, Search&Replace, LineStyle)

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: class diagram - disjoint
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:20:17 am »
in UML you can always extend something (eg. association) with a stereotype. It is then something like a new type. In your case you might define a stereotype <<rdfDisjoint>> or so.
Helmut

Thanks Helmut, I'm aware of that.  I just wanted to check that one of the more obscure options, that you can get to through a relationship's properties, didn't magically turn it into a disjoint.

I'm trying to stick as much as possible to vanilla UML as I'm the only one using Sparx and I have no idea how good round-tripping into other tools maybe.