Author Topic: Partitions in Activity Diagrams as Attributes of Acitivities  (Read 1048 times)

PanosH

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Partitions in Activity Diagrams as Attributes of Acitivities
« on: April 14, 2016, 09:41:21 pm »
Hello,

I am creating an Activity Diagram using a CSV import, to import all of my activities and partitions. Two issues that I am facing are:

1. I am not able to import the relationships using the CSV import. I have seen in a different thread that Geert has produced a tool that could be modified to address this issue - I am still struggling on getting that to work for me though.

2. My second issue, and the purpose of this thread, is that when I import my activities and partitions, there are no links between the two. I therefore have to place all activities into the right partition - I believe that there is no work around for that. What I would like to be able to do however, is once I place an activity into a particular partition, produce a report that could show that this activity is in this partition - is that something that is feasible using an RTF template? I have not been able to identifiy the partition as an attribute or metadata of an activity in any way.

Many thanks in advance,
Panos

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Partitions in Activity Diagrams as Attributes of Acitivities
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 05:04:40 pm »
Panos,

The Partition should be the owner of the Actions (you should not use Activities on an Activity Diagram).
You can set the owner by setting the parentID of the Action to the ElementID of the Partition.

Geert

PanosH

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:09:15 pm »
Geert thank you for your feedback!

In order to set the partition as the parentID of my Action, I can do that in the CSV Import using the Parent Key, or by nesting the Action under the partition in the Browser. Is there any other way to do that?

Many thanks,
Panos

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 07:54:09 pm »
I tend to use excel and some VBA code for similar cases.

Geert