Author Topic: Connector Highlighting on Internal Block Diagrams  (Read 1385 times)

Polymorph

• EA User
    • View Profile
Connector Highlighting on Internal Block Diagrams
« on: June 29, 2016, 06:15:29 pm »
I have an Internal Block Diagram (SysML) that shows a number of parts connected together via ports. These ports are typed by blocks, many of which themselves own flow properties (indicating the types of matter/data/energy that flows in/out of them).

I have noticed that when I select a port on the diagram and press Ctrl + L, EA highlights the connector(s) that connect to the port. However, sometimes EA highlights the connector in a green colour. Sometimes it highlights the connector in red. I am wondering if anyone knows the significance of these colours? I have looked through the documentation and can't find any mention about this functionality!

I wondered if it might somehow be indicating there was a mismatch between the types of ports at each end of the connector but I can't see anything obviously wrong ???

(I have also typed the connectors between these ports by using Association Classes - but I'm not sure that is relevant to my question...)

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Connector Highlighting on Internal Block Diagrams
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 06:31:46 pm »
the difference is whether the selected element is the source or the target of the connector.

Geert

Polymorph

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Connector Highlighting on Internal Block Diagrams
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 05:26:26 am »
I would never have guessed that! Thanks