Author Topic: Highlighting Glossary Terms in EA document export  (Read 834 times)

Polymorph

• EA User
    • View Profile
Highlighting Glossary Terms in EA document export
« on: July 06, 2016, 11:27:38 pm »
We are making use of EA's built in document generator to export SysML requirements into a Word Requirements Specification. These requirements have a number of technical terms within them and these are defined in the Project Glossary, which we have also exported to the same requirements specification.

When terms are defined in the project glossary, EA will helpfully underline them in the GUI. However, when we export the model elements to the document, the underlining is not retained. This is a problem because many of the people reviewing the documents don't know what terms are included in the glossary - and which ones are not.

What I want is some way to visually indicate to any reader that certain terms within the requirement text are also glossary terms.

Is it possible to, for example, use italics and/or underlining to indicate this? That way, the reviewer would know that the term is defined in the glossary and they could turn to that section of the document to fine the definition.

It would be even better if there was a way to include a hyperlink from the text the glossary term... but one thing at a time!

bockfu

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Highlighting Glossary Terms in EA document export
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 01:49:48 pm »
I have wanted the same capabilities.   I investigated a bit and came to the conclusion this isn't available 'out of the box' but there are third party offerings that provide something comparable.   Here is one of the offerings: http://www.umlchannel.com/en/eadocx