Author Topic: Message Attributes on sequence diagrams  (Read 1040 times)

Polymorph

• EA User
    • View Profile
Message Attributes on sequence diagrams
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:21:36 pm »
I have a «Signal» element that has an attribute defined

I want to create a a sequence diagram which shows this signal being sent from one lifeline to another, so I have created a message between the two, double-clicked on it, changed the type to asynchronous | signal and using the dialogue box, navigated to the appropriate model element. Once done, EA will auto-populate the "Attributes" section of the message dialogue box with the name of the signal attribute (helpful!)

However, if I subsequently update the name of the attribute of the signal, the sequence diagram attribute does not automatically update (less helpful)

Does anyone know if there is a way to get EA to refresh the attribute names on a sequence diagram. I have already tried reloading it and that doesn't do the trick  ???

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Message Attributes on sequence diagrams
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:58:42 pm »
Often you have to re-open the message and reselect the element to make it refresh.

Geert

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 10:56:38 pm »
I guess they are disconnected. Only operation names get updated somehow (though they are also only strings but EA recognizes them somehow by black magic).

q.

Polymorph

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 11:53:07 pm »
Yes, I discovered that re-opening the message updates the name. But I've got a lot of sequence diagrams!

Slávek Rydval

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
    • homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 07:55:40 am »
Polymorph, use reopening only for open diagrams, if needed. The change is made in model so every other diagram, if opened later on, will be correct.