Author Topic: Publish to Joomla! failed  (Read 1540 times)

RobertNET

  • EA Novice
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Publish to Joomla! failed
« on: November 14, 2016, 10:17:09 pm »
Hello,

no matter how I do it, always comes the following message:
Creating Enterprise Architect Article Menu in Joomla! Database .. Fail   

I installed a lot of Joomla! environments, ever without problems, so my experience with Joomla! is good enough.
I saw your demo video and there is not to see each single step.
What's your secret?
Where I could find log files to watch what happens?

RoyC

  • EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • *****
  • Posts: 1158
  • Karma: +8/-3
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
Re: Publish to Joomla! failed
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:50:45 am »
Best Regards, Roy

MickS

  • EA Novice
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Publish to Joomla! failed
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 06:49:01 pm »
Hello,

no matter how I do it, always comes the following message:
Creating Enterprise Architect Article Menu in Joomla! Database .. Fail   

I installed a lot of Joomla! environments, ever without problems, so my experience with Joomla! is good enough.
I saw your demo video and there is not to see each single step.
What's your secret?
Where I could find log files to watch what happens?

I have the same issue with EA failing to publish/write content into Database.

With respect to logs, you can check MySQL database logs or enable ODBC log. ODBC log is enabled during the ODBC config. There is "Details" tab at the bottom of the config pop up.
Click on that, select Debug tab and select Log queries.

Would be interested to see what sort of log issue you get. Error message i get is Table 'joomla.usys_system' doesn't exist;

sylvain.priser

  • EA Novice
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Publish to Joomla! failed
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 01:22:26 am »
Hi,

I also have the same issue since I'm trying to publish on a remote DB.

I have noticed that in the document http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/resources/user-guides/publish/publish-joomla-article.pdf, the author always speaks about Local Joomla Repository. Does-it means that EA can't publish on a remote Repo ?

Below is my System Output

Retrieving selected Package information .. OK   
   Package and Element Count : 1148   
   Diagram Count : 168   
Connecting to Joomla! Database .. OK   
   Reading information from Joomla! Database .. OK   
   Creating Enterprise Architect Article Menu in Joomla! Database .. Fail   


Obiously I checked that my DB User was granted with needed authorizations.
 
Previously, I used to publish to a local repository (local xampp + MySql DB) with success.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:33:06 am by sylvain.priser »

Dermot

  • EA Administrator
  • EA User
  • *****
  • Posts: 585
  • Karma: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Publish to Joomla! failed
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 04:35:51 pm »
This appears to be an issue when Not using MySQL installed via XAMPP. It appears that a independent installation of MySQL is more strict. By default it enforces rules on Non-Null fields.
Given most users have been conforming to the Help Page instructions and using XAMPP this has been a rare issue.

Based on the error you are getting, we assume that the field has no default value defined - in case a value is not set during INSERT statement. This seems to be the cause for the issue.

We will have this issue fixed in the upcoming Build of EA such that a value is set in this field when inserting a row in this table using the INSERT statement.

If you are tied to using a non-XAMPP MySQL, as a work-around, alter the following fields so that they have some default value.
This will prevent MySQL from  throwing errors when EA creates Module, Menu and Articles when publishing a Package in Joomla!.

1. Table : zwszd_assets
Fields :

    rules - set its default value to : {}


2. Table : zwszd_modules
Fields :

    content - set its default value to an empty string
    language - set its default value to : *


3. Table : zwszd_categories
Fields :

    params - set its default value to : {}


4. Table : zwszd_content
Fields :

    introtext - set its default value to an empty string
    fulltext - set its default value to an empty string
    images - set its default value to : {}
    urls - set its default value to : {}
    metakey - set its default value to an empty string
    metadesc - set its default value to an empty string
    metadata - set its default value to : {}


5. Table : zwszd_menu
Fields :

    img - set its default value to an empty string

sylvain.priser

  • EA Novice
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Publish to Joomla! failed
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 08:00:49 pm »
Thank you for your observations Dermot !

Finally we have solved this case by changing the publish target DB to another MySql Server than the repository DB.

Now publish is allright, so we will keep this configuration for the moment.

DaHopi

  • EA Novice
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Publish to Joomla! failed
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 04:03:45 pm »
I have struggled with the same issue. You just have to change the sql_mode in the mysqld.ini file.
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-mode.html