Author Topic: Merging Report Documents  (Read 632 times)

WernerS

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Merging Report Documents
« on: November 17, 2016, 12:54:07 am »
Hi all,
I would like to merge documents in order to create a complete report. In detail, we automatically create a source code documentation by using doxygen which creates an rtf file. Now the idea is to use an EA report including diagrams and automatically add the generated doxygen file to the final report. In other words, I do not want to manually refresh a linked document in EA by importing the doxygen-rtf.
Is there a simple solution to resolve the issue?
Thanx, W.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Merging Report Documents
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 01:06:09 am »
Depends on what you call simple.

You could write a script that imports the rtf as a linked document, and use a regular fragment to get the contents of the linked document into your document, or you can use a document script fragment that reads the doxygen rtf and returns that.

Both solution are not rocket science, but they do require some scripting knowledge.

Geert

WernerS

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 05:31:52 pm »
Thanx Geert,
I thought about "no script" as I have to "dig into" this subject. But it seems to be the only way.
Cheers, W.

jepessen

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 06:24:44 pm »
If you must combine different documents, it's better to create a master Word document, and then link other document to it. At the end you'll obtain a document that's the merging of them, that is automatically updated when one of child document is updated, and it's also possible to define the style in the master document