Author Topic: Not able to change Text  (Read 878 times)

nataraj

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Not able to change Text
« on: December 10, 2016, 07:10:15 pm »
Hi ,

i am doing project using EA 13.i have to make the template using sysml .so i have imported my CSV with the Requirement diagram.and i want to change the text ..but i am not able the change text .it is keep on showing <memo>* only.but when we are opening the tagged value box.it is showing the text what ever i am giving .so give me the solution to show the text in box itself..

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Not able to change Text
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 07:48:10 pm »
Good question. Once you place <memo> in the tagged values you don't seem to get it out any more. The only way seems to be to run a query like
Code: [Select]
UPDATE t_objectproperties SET value = "" WHERE value = "<memo>" AND ...
q.

nataraj

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 08:11:35 pm »
Good question. Once you place <memo> in the tagged values you don't seem to get it out any more. The only way seems to be to run a query like
UPDATE t_objectproperties SET value = "" WHERE value = "<memo>" AND ...
Thank you so much guru, i am new to this EA 13..

i dont know where to give this " UPDATE t_objectproperties SET value = "" WHERE value = "<memo>" AND ..." Please help me..

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 10:55:46 pm »
Here's a little explanation (I'd been in a hurry before). What EA does is that whenever you place the text "<memo>"  in the value of  a tagged value it will show an ellipsis right of it and only display the notes of the TV. The notes are also (additionally) accessible if you place "normal" text in the TV value be opening the TV properties (the scribble notes icon in the TV window). Unfortunately (and this is a missing feature or I don't know it) you can not remove the "<memo>" once you put it there. I guess that your CSV importer places it there and puts the value in the notes of the TV. So easiest would be to use your own importer (you can adapt the script in EAScriptLib or use the one from Geert Bellekens). So you might decide on the text whether to put it in the value (if it's less than 256 chars and has no line breaks) or to use the memo-variant.

Now assuming that you have only such simple texts you can run a script like that:

Repository.Execute("UPDATE t_objectproperties SET [value]=[notes], [notes]=NULL WHERE [value]='<memo>'")
That will move all TV notes to the TV value and clear the memo.

q.