Author Topic: Time aware models and documentation output  (Read 573 times)

peterc

• EA User
    • View Profile
Time aware models and documentation output
« on: March 08, 2017, 07:51:53 pm »
Just thinking about using a time aware model, but how do I produce documentation output from the model including both unchanged and changed elements?
In my case I am modeling requirements. I have version 1 defined and generate a Word document for distribution. I have cloned the requirements package. In one diagram I have cloned and modified one requirement.
When I generate my document from the cloned package, the only output is the one modified requirement, because that is the only element within the package from which I am generating the document. Has anyone figured out how to generate a document output that includes unchanged elements (in this case requirements) from the original package where they have not changed and the updated elements from the cloned package where they have changed?

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Time aware models and documentation output
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 09:06:43 am »
Turn on the option for documenting elements appearing on diagrams. (Someone else will know where that is and what it's called better than me)
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

peterc

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Time aware models and documentation output
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 08:42:41 pm »
Thanks for the tip - found that (for anyone else looking, enabling the Diagram - Element section in the document template).
However the Element.Realizes field only reports on realize relationships within the package being reported on and not on external elements. This feels like a bug to me, unless someone can identify the reason for it to behave this way - I'll raise it with Sparx