Author Topic: Elements created from non-UML based profile, not showing stereotype  (Read 778 times)

Arquesoft

• EA User
  • EA Consulting and development in Spanish
    • View Profile
    • Arquesoft website
I have made a MDG technology which contains a Profile. The profile contains stereotypes extending UML objects (for example: "Proceso" extending "Activity") and some stereotypes extending non UML objects (for example: "Aplicacion" generalizating "Archimate3::Archimate_ApplicationComponent"). The Profile and MDG is packaged as usual.

When creating new elements from the profile toolbox, the "Proceso" is shown in the diagram as an "Activity" and you can show the stereotype "<<Proceso>>". But, when creating a "Aplicacion", the elementos is shown in the diagram as an "Application Component" but the stereotype is hidden in the diagram.

I need to be able to see the stereotype <<Aplicacion>> in the diagrams.

PD: Both stereotyped elements have defined the special attribute _metatype

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Elements created from non-UML based profile, not showing stereotype
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:32:52 am »
The problem is that most non-UML languages don't provide a syntax for a stereotype being applied (if they even support the concept of stereotypes).

What I'd recommend is to define a decoration shape script on your new stereotype. This way there is at least some indication of the stereotype being applied.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com