Author Topic: Where is the list of extended properties for individual databases?  (Read 655 times)

bilon

• EA User
    • View Profile
This is a follow up to my post http://sparxsystems.com/forums/smf/index.php/topic,37596.0.html, where you recommended me to program our own interface (actually the same has recommended me one guy from your support).
Ok, we are trying to program our own UI. Because our classes are in fact normal tables, we need to duplicate most of standard functionality of EA. But we are not able to find resources for some features. Could you tell me where to find list of extended properties for individual databases?

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Where is the list of extended properties for individual databases?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 02:58:44 am »
I'm not sure what you are looking for.
Could you be more specific?

Geert

bilon

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 12:52:08 am »
Setting of database at the table level influences offer of physical properties for columns and constraints. For example there's a "Clustered" property for unique constraint applicable only in Sql Server. I need to know, where to find list of these properties. The reason is, that we have to implement our own user interface for data modelling. You can see the details here http://sparxsystems.com/forums/smf/index.php/topic,37596.msg237897.html#msg237897

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:33:32 pm »
The best way to figure out where EA stores those things is to setup a profiler and look closely at the SQL statements being issued by EA.

It's tedious work, not unlike finding a needle in a haystack, but you should be able to figure it out that way.

Geert

rbudwig1

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 05:07:16 am »
Have you looked at the scripts supplied to create a server instance (MySQL).  I creates an instance of the database necessary to run EA.  I did that and opened the eap file with access while trying to decipher the UPDM SQL  scripts.