Author Topic: Where are diagram themes stored  (Read 555 times)

Sunshine

• EA User
  • Amicorum omnia communia
    • View Profile
Where are diagram themes stored
« on: June 06, 2017, 06:55:31 am »
I've created a diagram Theme to align with our corporate brand but can't seem to find where they are stored. Initially I assumed they were stored in the repository but alas that was wrong as none of my colleagues can see the new theme in our central repository. I've looked in the AppData/Roaming/Sparx Systems and Program Files(x86)/Sparx Systems but can't find anything. Does any one know?

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Where are diagram themes stored
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 08:27:27 am »
Make sure you've saved it as a theme, not just configured the various settings to look the way you like.

Once you have, you'll find the themes in AppData/Roaming/Sparx System/diagram_themes.xml
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 09:39:14 am »
I've created a diagram Theme to align with our corporate brand but can't seem to find where they are stored. Initially, I assumed they were stored in the repository but alas that was wrong as none of my colleagues can see the new theme in our central repository. I've looked in the AppData/Roaming/Sparx Systems and Program Files(x86)/Sparx Systems but can't find anything. Does anyone know?
Can you describe, in broad terms, what aspects of the diagram you modified to "brand" the diagrams?  We might want to do something similar.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Sunshine

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 08:51:08 pm »
Can you describe, in broad terms, what aspects of the diagram you modified to "brand" the diagrams?  We might want to do something similar.
Sure thing, here goes;
1) From the ribbon Layout>Diagram>Appearance>Theme and Appearance options
2) In the preferences dialog select standard colours and set the element fill, line, text etc to those required by  organisations web colour palette or logo.
3) Select themes and tick font, colour, line thickness etc then click on save button and save as new style such as "Corporate"
4) Providing your diagrams have default line and fill colour you can then apply the style to all diagrams and the meet the corporate colours.

For my org we used mid grey for connectors and a light orange for fill and line on the elements with mid grey for font names. Gives the diagrams a softer and less technical look.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:02:46 pm by Sunshine »

Sunshine

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 09:02:19 pm »
Make sure you've saved it as a theme, not just configured the various settings to look the way you like.

Once you have, you'll find the themes in AppData/Roaming/Sparx System/diagram_themes.xml

Thanks Simon I had saved the theme but just didn't know what file the theme was being saved in. Kind of obvious now I see it but couldn't see the the wood for the trees. That path you gave was close but I actually found it in this path for V13 Build 1310. Not sure if the path differs according to version.

C:\Users\Sunshine\AppData\Roaming\Sparx Systems\EA\diagram_themes.xml

It was easier to find once I knew the file name.  :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:06:09 pm by Sunshine »