Author Topic: Manuel AND automatic sort order in Project Browser disabled for some elements  (Read 661 times)

adepreter

• EA User
    • View Profile
When we mix different types of element... in some cases (it seems random), we are no longer able to move SOME elements (not all of them) up and down by using CTRL-Up or CTRL-DOWN or by using the menu option "Move up" or "Move down" on the element.
In addition, the option 'Content / Reset Sort Order" does not sort these elements.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thank you in advance,
Alain

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
The sort order is Sparxish. Some elements are grouped and can not be moved freely. The rules are complex (I guess I posted some or most of them). Just get used to this. EAUI.

q.

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
On the Preferences dialog, there is an Allow Free Sorting option that you should tick, if not already.

ribbon|Start|Workspace|Preferences|General|Project Browser|Allow Free Sorting
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

adepreter

• EA User
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your useful answers

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
Hi Alain,

In addition to the answer you got, if you need to sort elements let's say by stereotype, tagged value, and name based on advanced criteria, my free eautils addin can help (www.eautils.com).

Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com | Automated tests for scripts & addins: www.eatests.com