Author Topic: Kanban Element Inconsistency  (Read 231 times)

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Kanban Element Inconsistency
« on: August 01, 2017, 08:51:12 pm »
When you use a Kanban diagram you can drag and drop probably any element from the project browser to the diagram and particularly packages as well.

The cool thing about Kanbans is that you can specify queries, defining what elements to show on the Kanban to get a more or less self-maintained Kanban diagram.
However packages delivered by the queries are filtered out when the diagram is updated.

In other words, manually dragged you can have packages on the Kanban diagram but when using a SQL query you cannot. This is just inconsistency and from my point of view packages delivered by a SQL query should not be filtered out by the diagram "updater" at all.

When you look in the EA DB scheme you see that a package is “more” than the other stuff (t_object + t_package). When you are using EA, packages are “less” than other stuff (see this issue or e.g. the Specification Manager).
I ask myself why you Sparxians spend all this effort the reduce Package features where there is no need to, or where we users would have some benefits just if you would do nothing.
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

Graham_Moir

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Kanban Element Inconsistency
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 06:23:01 pm »

Shouldn't you raise this as a formal support query and/or bug?