Author Topic: Document Generation - include package at different levels  (Read 371 times)

michielper

• EA User
    • View Profile
Document Generation - include package at different levels
« on: August 07, 2017, 06:59:54 pm »
I am using the EA Document generator to generate reasonably large documents (50-150 pages).
From one model, I generate two different documents by using two different Model Documents.

The two documents share a number of packages from the model but.... I want those packages placed at different paragraph-levels. This seems not to be possible in a Model Document: all included packages are placed at the top level.

Is there a trick to accomplish what I want? One might think of creating a "package link" that points to the actual package and can itself be included at a different loction in the project browser tree. But I dont think that exists :-(.

Thanks for any suggestions!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:01:30 pm by michielper »

peterc

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Document Generation - include package at different levels
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 12:50:22 am »
I may have got the wrong end of the stick...

I presume that you have some parameter (e.g. Element Name) with a Paragraph Style of Heading 1 or Heading 2 etc.

If you have two templates then you can start from a different Paragraph Style in each.

For example, if you have a package called Requirements and in one template set the Paragraph Style to be Heading 2 and include Element Name in the heading then (assuming you use numbered headings) you will have something like "1.1 Requirements".

If you then choose in your other template Heading 3 as the Paragraph Style then the package name would be "1.1.1 Requirements".

As I said, I may have misunderstood your need.