Author Topic: sysml requirements tag on diagram -- cannot turn off?  (Read 339 times)

Paul Lotz

• EA User
    • View Profile
sysml requirements tag on diagram -- cannot turn off?
« on: August 08, 2017, 07:34:21 am »
I am working in build 1307. (Hopefully we will upgrade soon.)

On a SysML 1.4 requirement diagram I place a new Requirement element (from the Toolbox).
I enter the text of the requirement. (This is now in a SysML 1.4 'text' tagged value, rather than in the element Note. This itself is a major improvement.
The SysML 1.4 tags (id, text) automatically show in a compartment in the element on the diagram, which, in itself, is not a bad thing.
If I configure the diagram to show element tags, the tags appear again in a separate compartment.
If I configure the diagram not to show element tags, the second compartment disappears, but the first compartment with the requirement tagged values remains.

What makes the first set appear in the first place?  Is it possible not to display this information (if a user does not want this to display)?. Maybe this is defined in a shape script in the SysML profile?

I may just use this as is, but I would like to be sure I understand what is happening in the diagram.

Paul

Paul Lotz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: sysml requirements tag on diagram -- cannot turn off?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 07:47:43 am »
Oh, and if I copy existing requirements from a previous model (probably not SysML 1.4, but I copy the requirement text from a note field to the SysML 1.4 <requirement> 'text' field, the behavior is different. The first compartment does not appear. I have to configure the diagram to show element tagged values.

VKN

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 10:07:51 am »
I don't see that happening for me.

There are two ways affecting the display of element compartments.
1. Select the element on the diagram then do CTRL+SHIFT+Y and look at Show Element Compartments section.
2. Show Compartments section of the Elements page of Diagram properties dialog (double click on the empty space of a diagram to launch).

Paul Lotz

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 07:01:25 am »
Thanks. I know about those. Even if I deselect all the compartments that show here, the compartment with the requirements remains. I think this is due to the shape script.

Paul