Author Topic: EA Database structure verion  (Read 403 times)

Eamonn John Casey

• EA User
    • View Profile
EA Database structure verion
« on: August 24, 2017, 07:32:49 pm »
We have been running 12.1 and upgraded to 13.5. But seeing as I have only recently taken over admin of the database I don't know their version. Is there a way to find out which Version of the EA database I got?
I am thinking something simple like:

SELECT * FROM t_version

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: EA Database structure verion
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 08:22:48 pm »
The version of EA's database has not changed since ages. Look into usystables. t_version's use is unknown.

q.

VKN

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 02:13:40 pm »
You should have mentioned the DB that you're using so I could give more clues.

The only way to check if you've got the latest one already is to download both the versions through the following link then compare few table indexes against your current schema.

http://www.sparxsystems.com/resources/corporate/index.html#sql_scripts

Eamonn John Casey

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 08:03:57 pm »
Thanks.
For the record we got Oracle RDBMS. I was more interested in how to tell if it was 851 or 1220. But I guess doing a Diff is probably they only way.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:25:22 pm »
That's not stored in the database. The EA version is in the client (Repository.LibraryVersion).

q.

RoyC

• EA Administrator
  • EA Practitioner
  • Read The Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 10:29:19 am »
I'm not sure what each person is talking about here.

Select the 'Start > Help > Help > About EA' ribbon option, the 'About Enterprise Architect' window displays. This shows you the release and build of the version of EA you are using (top panel), and the edition you are registered to use (in the bottom panel). That (in combination with the link that VKN provided) would tell you what schema update has been applied or whether you might need to run the 1220 schema update script. If you are using version 13.5 of EA I wouldn't think you would have to run that script (open to correction there).

The window also shows you what DBMS you are connected to, and how that connection is established, AND it tells you the version of the EA database (4.01), which was last updated in January 2004.

If you want to know what version of your DBMS or repository base you have, presumably the product has a similar 'About' option that will provide that information?
Best Regards, Roy