Author Topic: Is there any sense in not being able to edit a review topic once it is left?  (Read 191 times)

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Currently I am investigation, if the new formal review feature is suitable for our “formal reviews.

However I realized that it is implemented more as a chat or discussion. From our needs it is quiet unhandy to not be able to correct a topic once it was left be the editor.

Personally I think the edit blocking of discussion topics or posts is also not helpful but unhandy.

Can anyone illuminate me, why not allow later editing of that stuff is helpful/needed?
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
My guess (as always) is that this is again one of those features being an armchair decision. So my decision is to use EA just for what it's basically designed for and extend it with proven tools (eventually interfacing using the API). I have seen a couple of those all-in-one tools and it's basically the same with all of them: neither fish nor fowl.

q.

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Yes qwerty, you are right.
But some of those things could be useful even with a lightweight implementation.

What I see, is that effort is spent to limit things which should not be limited. A review topic is obviously editable and to have in not editable later needs some extra code (ok not much).

The same happens with packages, those get on several places some limitation treatment, just reducing the benefit of EA. ::)
Best regards,

Peter Heintz